View Single Post
Old 03-15-2020, 11:54 AM   #37
Impetuous65
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 20 - The Little Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Several new additions to the Analysis and Game Logs.

There are now filters in the analysis screens for various exit velocities, perfect contact, and a few other things.

In game logs, certain game situations will now show up in a color-coded format. Critical situations, likely the sort that would throw you into a March to October situation, are highlighted in red. Critical plays, which I'm guessing is when something impactful actually dramatically influenced the game outcome, are highlighted in gold.

Further down the page we get my favorite of these new additions - a log of all Perfect-Perfect contacts during the game.

This was my first game played, and as you can see there were 3 perfect swings in the game, two by me and 1 by the CPU. All were hits. This is not always going to be the case, but in general these should have a very high chance of being a base hit. The place you're going to want to go to put SDS' claims on quantity to the test is this screen, followed by the Batting Analysis with the "Swung" filter. In this game, there were 121 swings. 3 perfects out of those swings is roughly 2.5%, which is very close to the mark SDS was aiming for. It's a small sample size of one game of course, but I'm only using this as an example. Difficulty level is going to play a big part in how many of these you get, and if you find that you're hitting a high % of them, you may want to consider going up a level. For this game, I was on HOF via dynamic difficulty.
Found the meaning of critical play ect...