Old 03-17-2020, 06:53 PM   #3
Sm27
Rookie

Sm27's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Anybody want to help with the ratings spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTommy67
My thread in the main forum was quickly buried due to a lack of interest, so I'll cast my net here.

As I do every year, I'm building a spreadsheet with all the ratings from the default roster (40-man), and if I can get some people to pitch in and do a couple of teams, it might go faster. I have an excel sheet with macros that allow for quick and easy input...works best if you can use remote play to have your ps4 screen on your desktop.

If you're interested in helping out just post here and I'll give further instructions. Even if you can only do one team...every little bit helps.

Thanks
I would be glad to help!

I am a touring sound engineer (I mix "The Cult"), but due to the pandemic, all of my 2020 tours are being postponed till further notice.

I have re-rated a "classic" Detroit Tigers roster, category by category, one by one, with a PS4 controller and using the RBU "career" ratings spreadsheet from a couple of years ago.
I like using the SCEA "legend" player models where applicable, and then re-rate them to your ratings so that everybody isn't a superhuman "99".

The game plays great with those ratings except for one thing...

Across the board, in that ratings formula you did, the "PWR" numbers seem to be a little too low. Especially for the "dead ball" era players like Cobb, Pinky Higgins, etc. Using a "one to one" ratings transfer for those players, they just aren't competitive in the "PWR" bating categories to compete with the CPU generated players.

My dream is to create an "all time" roster, where each player uses their "career" ratings as the "base" rating for each player, with the "POT" rating being the variable as to who get's great, and who becomes average.
The Dream is to be able to use this roster in a Franchise, so that you can use them for multiple "years" watching them progress or deteriorate, have slumps and streaks, etc., all while having their "salaries" and "Ratings" be competitive and in the same ball park as the CPU generated rookies. The reason for them being in the same ballpark with the CPU generated rookies in years 2, 3, etc., is so you don't have to go through and re-rate all of the rookies and draft classes every year.

Bottom line...
I will help with your spreadsheet..
Can you please update the classic players "career" spreadsheet to "PWR" ranges so that they are more competitive with this year's game?
Thanks,
Steve.