View Single Post
Old 03-17-2020, 09:10 PM   #4
JTommy67
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Anybody want to help with the ratings spreadsheet

Thanks for the offers, guys, but looks like I'm going to be able to finish up on my own.

Quote:
Across the board, in that ratings formula you did, the "PWR" numbers seem to be a little too low. Especially for the "dead ball" era players like Cobb, Pinky Higgins, etc. Using a "one to one" ratings transfer for those players, they just aren't competitive in the "PWR" bating categories to compete with the CPU generated players.

Keep in mind that the ratings are designed to reproduce era-specific statistics in game (as much as possible) for historical rosters. My calculator does not rescale statistics to bring them in line with the modern game.

CPU draftees are generated with 2020 baseball in mind, and the ratings ranges are set by the developers. I can't control those parameters...and have chosen to stay true to how the game played out according to historical statistics. Dead-ball era power ratings are calculated the exact same way as players in 1970 or 2000 are...they hit fewer home runs then, and so the final ratings reflect that.

If you want modern statistical outcomes with historical rosters using my ratings, then you'll have to rescale the power ratings as well as the pitcher HR/9 ratings.