View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 10:29 AM   #3
DirtBallNation
Rookie

DirtBallNation's Arena

OVR: 0
The Las Vegas Outlaws [MLB The Show 20]

PLAYERS/ROSTER
So we have a team set to take over the vacancy of the Astros, but the roster isn't in order yet. Due to this basically being an expansion team, the MLB will not allow all players that were on the Astros roster be signed directly to the Outlaws.

(So back to my fantasy land of making this a challenge)
I took the top 20-ish players on the Astros roster, and i'm "trading" them to random teams.
First, I made a list of the top players. I randomly went through the list and with the help of www.randomlists.com and the MLB Team feature, whatever team was selected for that player was who they were getting sent to. The only stipulation I added to this was if a team that was selected won a division or World Series last year, I would not allow it.

Next, after having the players selected for different teams, I needed to figure out what I would receive in return for them. For this I used www.random.org. A simple number generator I could use. I would take a range (example 55ovr to 75ovr) and generate a random number. Whatever number would come up, I would go to the corresponding teams roster, go to that overall and select a player. I would try to pick the same position as I was giving up, but with some teams, that wasn't an option. So I would seclect whatever player was that overall. I didn't want to pick apart rosters and be loaded with prospects, so I figured this was the most convenient and fair way to do it.

These are the results..

1. 3B Alex Bregman* traded to the Blue Jays for 1B Rowdy Tellez (68ovr, B pot.)
2. SP Justin Verlander traded to the Padres for SP Luis Patino (64ovr, A pot.)
3. 2B Jose Altuve* traded to the Brewers for RP Brent Suter (69ovr, C pot.)
4. SP Zack Greinke traded to the Rays for 1B Brian O'Grady (67ovr, B pot.)
5. CP Roberto Osuna traded to the Red Sox for RP Dedgar Jimenez (53ovr, D pot.)
6. RF Yordan Alvarez traded to the White Sox for SP Michael Kopech (68ovr, A pot.)
7. CF George Springer* traded to the Orioles for RP Luis Ortiz (50ovr, C pot.)
8. SS Carlos Correa* traded to the Mariners for RF Julio Rodriguez (63ovr, A pot.)
9. RP Ryan Pressly traded to the Orioles for SP Tom Eshelman (56ovr, B pot.)
10. LF Michael Brantley traded to the Indians for 1B Alexis Pantoja (57ovr, D pot.)
11. SP Lance McCullers traded to the D-Backs for RF Anfernee Grier (62ovr, B pot.)
12. RP Joe Smith traded to the Athletics for RF Greg Deichman (63ovr, C pot.)
13. 1B Yuli Gurriel* traded to the Red Sox for 2B Marco Hernandez (62ovr, C pot.)
14. 2B Aledmys Diaz traded to the Rockies for RP Heath Holder (61ovr, D pot.)
15. C Martin Maldonado traded to the Marlins for RP Tyler Stevens (56ovr, B pot.)
16. RP Brad Peacock traded to the Giants for 3B Abiatal Avelino (66ovr, B pot.)
17. SP Josh James traded to the Pirates for SP Sam Deardorff (63ovr, B pot.)
18. RF Josh Reddick traded to the Rangers for 2B Eliezer Alvarez (68ovr, C pot.)
19. C Lorenzo Quintan traded to the Mets for LF Tim Tebow (56ovr, D pot.)
20. RP Jared Hughes traded to the Angels for RP Brett Hanewich (59ovr, C pot.)

*= suspended for the 2020 season

This concludes the entire roster shake-up. Definitely some names going to interesting places. Next, i'll inform you on how the Outlaws roster will look to the start the season, a brief summary on Spring training and then it will be onto the Regular season!

Stay Tuned!

GREEN BAY PACKERS

MILWAUKEE BUCKS

WISCONSIN BADGERS

Last edited by DirtBallNation; 03-18-2020 at 10:33 AM.