Old 03-24-2020, 09:40 PM   #6
studbucket
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Dynasty HoF or Best of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
I very much like this idea -- you have my support. I'll have deeper thoughts later (coming up with selection criteria and judging these things will be a real challenge) but I think this would be a worthy addition to the forums. There are some really good threads over the years that deserve to have a light shone on them and recognized.
Absolutely, I'd love to bubble up old threads that have gotten buried.

My thoughts, in addition to coming up with the criteria, would be to have a nomination period and process (which may involve posts in each subforum, maybe we need to work with the mods) and a voting process.

If people don't abuse the system:

Nominations - simple surveymonkey survey posted here. Respond with your OS username and a link to the thread you nominate + a description of why you nominated it. Maybe we allow 3 nominations?

Selections - perhaps threads that pass a certain threshold of nominations (like 5) make it to the final phase, where we put all up for a vote and the top 2 or 3 make it in.

Alternatively, we could have 1 dynasty from football, 1 from basketball, and 2 from baseball, hockey, other, and coaching make it in each year, or something like that. Or maybe we do it every 6 months.

If people abuse the system and stuff the ballot box, we could find another, more stringent, way to do this all on OS.

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.