View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 11:47 PM   #5
moTIGS
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Deepest generated draft class ever?

I’m in 2032 or so, and I rarely see elite QB prospects anymore. Most of the top QBs in the NFL now are from my first couple years, when I was using custom classes with real prospects.

I also rarely see elite linebacker prospects.

A few days ago I counted how many 90+ and 80+ overall players were in my franchise across all 32 teams, and for most positions I had a little fewer 80+ and significantly fewer (about a third in many cases) 90+ overall. And currently no one above 95 overall in the entire NFL. I have a 93 overall receiver from a generated class, and only four players in the NFL are rated better than him. So if anything, I’d say the generated draft classes are a bit on the weak side.

So I’ve spent quite a few quarantine hours adjusting generated classes to give them better ratings. Created a few elite QB prospects (some at the top of the draft, a few later), added a handful of stud running backs, especially adding some good non-elusive guys (I’ve had way too many classes lately that were trash top to bottom there), and generally added a top prospect or two at each position. In some cases I left the ratings alone and just gave a 73 overall WR type an X-factor. In others, I made guys who hit the NFL and will be among the best guys at their position immediately. I also created a lot of superstar OL even though that’s the one place generated prospects don’t need ratings help, as OL can’t improve dev traits. Also made a couple of superstar fullbacks and kickers because all generated guys at those spots tend to be kinda the same.

Haven’t actually used these yet, but they’re fairly quick to make and probably worth it in the long run. I made enough that I won’t have a scouting advantage by knowing all the good sleepers.
Advertisements - Register to remove