View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 10:22 AM   #716
burnum
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
These games with high penalties are more anomalies than the regular. Some teams just have bad discipline and commit more mistakes. For the most part im seeing 10 penalties by both teams combined with about 80-100 yards combined. Facemask and holding are about the only penalties they call consistently enough. Just is it what its. I like how the holding stalls drives and keeps scoring realistic. Sometimes the penalties happen when a team has too many injuries or if they’re young and inexperienced. Sometimes a team just does everything it can to lose a game. I like how the penalties are. That’s a big reason i dislike default sliders is the lack of penalties. When there’s not many being called on a regular basis,it’s like the teams have no hurdles to jump through.

Now there’s some games that play pretty clean as well. I do see games where both teams have 20 penalties combined for lots of penalty yardage. But i also see games where there’s only 2-3 combined penalties. Some games a singles team is never penalized.

It is frustrating when you see a high penalty game on here, but it’s the same kind of frustration you have when you watch real games. You just hate seeing sloppy play like that, but it does bring realism. For the most part i see 10 penalties for 80 yards for both teams. Just don’t see it high enough to change it.

I may bump INT down to 75. But again, it’s like the penalties. I see a game with 4-5 picks between both squads, but then i see a couple of 0-1 int games. I’m scared bumping it down may raise the completion percentage to high because it being at 80 helps tighten coverage some.

It’s been a while since i did a 16 game test with week one. May be time to test these like that again just to see what the interception average is. I just really enjoy watching these playoff games.
The problem with INTs is not the overall number of INTs, that's perfectly fine. It's just that most of those INTs happen in or near the endzone.

As for the high amount of facemask penalties: I believe I figured out it has to do with the AI setting adjustments to 'aggressive' to go for the strip. This seems to lead to a ton of facemask penalties.
I could stop the slow sim, go to adjustments and re-set them to 'balanced' or 'conservative' but it's probably just a matter of time until the AI sets it back to 'aggressive'.