View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 05:23 PM   #8
moTIGS
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: There's a good chance that Madden 21 could our football fix for the year

My bet is pro sports resumes shortly after testing is widely available. They will ensure the athletes and all essential personnel are OK and play in empty stadiums/arenas. Fans, however, won't be able to return until we have a vaccine.

There will be a ton of lost revenue, but they'll still make TV money.

Professional teams were already probably avoiding public travel (pretty sure they all have private charter flights), so that part won't need to change. They'll just test all the athletes before every game, make sure everyone is still healthy, and play the games for TV.

I don't think college sports will resume in the same fashion, though. At least not across all conferences and sports. The resources likely aren't there to continue hosting events and traveling via private charters for all schools. But we could possibly see things resume on a smaller scale, where cross-country travel is limited but regional matches take place.

This all hinges on quick and accurate testing. There is a test the FDA just approved that allegedly returns a positive result in a few minutes. Assuming that works, I see no reason not to have sports.