View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 07:16 PM   #66
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

OVR: 19
Episode 2: An Old Friend.

Episode 2: An Old Friend.

Outside locker room in Fleet Center in Boston.

"Hey Earv man, how you doing?"

“Hey Larry brother, long time no see! I feel alright at the minute. I'm pumped up after that game, thought we would get the win!”

"Great game tonight Earvin. Yeah you guys sure need some wins quick. Boston ain’t doing much better either. Two teams at the bottom of their conferences.”

“Yeah we ain’t having much luck so far this year Larry. We both know how much you need to get W’s in this league.

"You got it Earv. That kid Garnett is looking good already. He’s filling up the box score nightly. Solid move getting him. And our guy Ricky Fox. I think we made a mistake letting him go. Love his defensive effort. Really gets after it.”

“You’re right Larry, like those two move’s we made. Fingers crossed those two can keep playing like they have. I still think we are missing quite a bit though. You still shooting hoops?!

"Damn straight Earv! Gotta scratch that itch. I’m still probably putting up more shots than half the league."

'For sure! 'I’ve started putting up some shots again the last few weeks and helping work with the guys when they practice too. Kurt likes having me down on the court with the guys. He’s a good teacher. And really likes to let everyone get some input. That Garnett kid is like a sponge though. Man you should come over to Vancouver some time and get involved in practice. The guy’s would love to see you around. How’s that back anyway?

"Good. I’ve had three years rest on it now. Have a whole new Yoga regime, stretching, physio the whole lot. Feel like a new man. Just in time for hitting the Big 4-0 next year."

“Happy belated 39th Larry, I totally forgot!

"No sweat Earv. Hey I might take you up on that trip to Vancouver. I’ll bring my boots too. You sure Kurt won’t mind me getting a few shots up with the guys?”

“Absolutely not Larry. I’ll give him the head’s up. Maybe you, me, Kurt, Mitch could lace them up and teach these young bloods a thing or two!

"Maybe. I’ll kick anyone’s *** in a 3 point shootout anyways."

“I don’t doubt it Larry! Hey keep in touch Larry.”

"Stay safe Earv, you’re in good shape by the way, those kids could do with having you on the real hardwood and not just in shootarounds.”

“Thanks Larry. And you too. I’ll still kick your *** though!

“Just bring it Earv!”