View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 11:45 AM   #6
scagwi
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: New Golf Club content or game info dropped by producer

I guess thinking of it as "DLC" in the traditional sense might be us missing the mark.

After marinating on it a bit last night...

My guess is that there is a "new game" that they charge full price for, but it will include more PGA courses, some real golfers, an "all new deep career mode" (they will say all the buzzwords to get people excited, don't worry)..

But I expect the core game and experience to be yet another evolution of TGC.

Basically, I expect them to charge full price for what could have been, in large part, updates to TGC2019 and/or DLC to that game.

Call me cynical, but the gaming world these days can make one think this way - lol

For TGC fans, I suspect this will be a great thing. For people not currently interested in TGC, I don't expect what they release to pull us in.

I would like to think there's a full 2k "curveball" here with an all new engine and ground up, big studio influence, reboot -- but I just don't believe golf warrants that investment and 2k partnering with HB (vs doing their own golf thing from the ground up to compete with HB) sort of supports that thought.

There's "some" market there that can be tapped into, but as EA has shown us, it's a fools errand to pump big studio dollars into this niche and expect much beyond red ink.

Last edited by scagwi; 04-09-2020 at 11:49 AM.