View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 04:50 PM   #2
KSUowls
All Star

OVR: 8
Re: Is this gaming computer offer good? Need help.

Less than $500 for an i7 (even an old one) and a decent dedicated GPU is going to be hard to find. So from that standpoint I think it's a good deal.

Whether or not it meets your requirements is harder to say. From a components standpoint I would have thought for sure no, because of the processor (my understanding of the game is that the cpu handles more of the load than the gpu), but I do see people on reddit who have played Sandbox with that processor. They don't mention if they are on high settings or not, but since the original game came out around the same time as that processor then maybe it will be ok. I would imagine it would depend on how much "fun" you're looking to have in that game though. I've never played it, but I've seen videos where people start putting in a bunch of black holes and speeding up orbits and the frames drop to near 0 (on entry level newer gaming systems).

Not a complete answer, but hope this helps. It probably will be fine for your needs, but I am basing that mostly on when Universe Sandbox came out in 2012.

Last edited by KSUowls; 04-10-2020 at 05:59 PM.