View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 01:24 AM   #1
Gagnon39
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Postseason patches.

I’m curious as to why The Show is the only one of the four major team sport video games that don’t have patches on the uniforms for the postseason and World Series. EA’s NHL and Madden have Stanley Cup Final patches and Super Bowl patches on each player’s jersey and 2K’s NBA has the NBA Finals patch on there.

I recall specifically toward the end of the PlayStation 3 cycle that developed from San Diego Studio said that they have not been able to get each player wearing their individual uniform in the All-Star Game but that they would for PlayStation 4. Well, that never happened.

Now with the release of the next generation of consoles on the horizon, I’m really hoping to see these things get in the game. The All-Star uniforms aren’t really that big of a deal, honestly, but I’d love to see the postseason and World Series patches on team uniforms next year.

Also, I have always hated the unique patches, like a team’s anniversary patch or an All-Star Game patch that doesn’t go away after the first year. I know the answer we get from these is that it has to do with the MLB style guide, but come on. There has to be some way around this.

I always dread when the Cubs get the All-Star Game because that means they’ll have the All-Star patch forever until the following year’s game. This would make it even more problematic for people that do carryover saves. I’d hate to have a Dodger’s carryover save and have them in 2024 with a 2020 All-Star Game patch on their jerseys.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove