View Single Post
Old 04-16-2020, 02:53 PM   #4
ChaseB
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: MLB The Show 20: Detailing the Current Fielding Issues (Breakdown and Analysis) -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
What I am noticing is happening more often than before the patches:

My outfielders are running 10-15 feet in the wrong direction. I am not talking about the animation for bad fielders when they get a bad jump. I mean my fielders are literally running 10-15 in the wrong direction before I can even gain control of them. This wasn’t happening prior to at least patch 1.06. So they messed something up overall

The controls have been way to sensitive since at least patch 1.06. Even when I feather the stick I get stuck running 10-15 feet in a given direction before I can gain control of my fielder. This was not happening a few weeks ago.

They clearly did something that set the game balance off because I wasn’t having nearly as many fielding issues even a week ago and *it really is starting to hurt my enjoyment of the game. They need to stop over patching these games year after year to appease the whiny DD crowd. The more patches you release, the more the odds go up you will unbalance something*
I dunno what that really has to do with the fielding being wonky since it's not like people would be asking for them to make fielding less responsive. It's fine if you want to be anti-patch or whatever, but just seems like a remark you want to make regardless of whether or not it really makes sense in this particular situation.

I also have not noticed my fielders running away from the ball in any mode, but I'll keep looking for it. I do agree the controls can be overly sensitive in the field though.