Old 04-24-2020, 12:08 AM   #7
jfsolo
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Arcade Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
I think it is safe to assume that the NFL, EA and 2K worked out a deal that allows 2K to make something. The idea that they gave any leverage is pretty funny.

I do think it will be 11 on 11. I think they will use real players and other elements from the NFL. What they won’t do is have any way to recreate an NFL season. Think APF2K8, but with some NFL licensing.

With that, they can allow for custom leagues like you see in SMB, and MUT type stuff you see in Madden and NBA 2K. Gameplay will be whatever 2K think will sell.

That’s pure speculation. We need to know a lot more to really know. How much are they paying, versus what a regular third party fee might be. I don’t think they do non-11on11, because the risk of abysmal sales is too much.

But if they can do APF2K21 with current stars added to the mix of veterans, and some NFL licensing, along with more features, they can probably make some cash, at least through mtx.

If they could just match SMB3 in terms of features, I will be completely happy. Custom leagues and ways to play that add score chasing to the features, would make for a compelling release, especially with getting to use our favorite stars, both new and old.
I would consider the game that you're hypothesizing to be a simulation game and can't imagine that EA would agree to that kind of game being made. It's my lay opinion that if that game was the made without EA's consent then EA would be within their rights to sue the NFL for breach of contract.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.