View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 04:47 PM   #1
pbales20
Rookie

OVR: 0
NCAA14 Real Recruiting Classes 2013-2020

Shelter-in-place has afforded me more time to focus on what really matters. NCAA 14.

I was inspired by /u/mattrd39 500+ real recruiting classes to create my own. I used CSV lists of 247 recruits provided in Drive here
and the EA DB editor

I created a recruiting class editor to import over 2600+ real recruits. If you want to use it - I would love feedback

Recruit Info Overwrite File - Link Link
Recruit Preferences Overwrite File - Link
EA DB Editor instructions (use the dynasty config) - Link https://forums.operationsports.com/f...er-editor.html
Recruiting Class Overwrite Instructions - Link
PS3 Instructions by /u/ucallen - Link

I chose to use what we know now to influence skills - so Pat Mahomes will scout well above his 3 star rating, same with Tyreek Hill and a few others.
Others will scout below their star ratings. However the star ratings are accurate to the class.

Here are some weaknesses - I would love solutions to
  • Don't Have a Good Prediction Algorithm for Overalls
  • Athletes' true position and ratings were randomly assigned if I couldn't recall their position
  • Skin colors are only accurate for Baylor and players I could recall (Top 300 ish)
  • Faces are accurate to skin color - but only 10 faces per skin color
  • Hometowns are randomly assigned from correct state
  • Some recruiting "glitches" - for ex. LSU is listed twice in top ten schools
  • Some recruits who signed with your school in real life will have you locked out
  • Kickers/ Punters skills are pretty randomly assigned
  • JuCo players were randomly assigned to be a sophomore or junior
  • Handedness is random

If you are interested in how I make the file and want to improve it or make your own let me know and I can link you the class maker and my process.

Last edited by pbales20; 02-08-2023 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Updated.
Advertisements - Register to remove