View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 08:00 PM   #1112
tommycoa
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Glad you’re loving the game when you sim 15 years. I tried it too like You mentioned in another thread and used the game’s default xp sliders. Man it plays awesome when most of the current guys cycle out of the league and it’s mostly generated players. Game plays so smooth, but unpredictable and exciting, but not crazy exciting. It just looks like real football out there. Really nice to have with no sports going on. Watching the cpu/cpu. I just pick a game of the week, i try to watch all teams at least once. Sometimes i just watch all week one games and usually fall in love in at least 5 or 6 teams. Playing with playbooks and schemes also makes it interactive.

Also just turned off ineligible wr in main menu. Love this idea. Love what im seeing. Definitely seeing them throw into tight windows, which is good because you see it on default, Matt sees it on his custom set, and. I’m seeing in custom cpu/cpu. Only watched one game. Is there a post you can direct me to that lists all that’s been seen with this OFF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
It's interesting, isn't it?

I've more or less walked away from using anything resembling a real roster in this game; I'm going strictly with 15 yr simmed franchises (at least for now). I'm sure that it has some effect on what I'm seeing. Guys are just 'juiced' in base rosters; which makes things more easily exploitable for the user. At a minimum, if you haven't, get into year 2....see if things settle for you (the game is often more unstable in year 1 franchises)

That said.....

Ineligible Receiver Downfield (IRD) is a new addition to the game...QB play has been "off" all cycle (all of our machinations in this thread have essentially been built around this one issue tbh). It makes sense that the "new setting" is the culprit for the issues we've experienced (and we know EA rarely works on QB AI mid-cycle)....it just hasn't been addressed. When I first tested the tweak to IRD, I waffled back and forth between leaving Ball Hawk on or off. If I recall correctly, I went with it off because I liked how coverage looked more than with it on. That said, the better coverage is, the worse CPU QB play can be....so there is a tipping point.

Remember, "on" is the game's default setting for BH. Turning it off makes the CPU QBs throw more into tight windows (among other things)...that said, with them now in-sync with the other setting turned off, it may very well tip things the other way. I've certainly seen at least some evidence of what you're seeing (I just haven't played M20 much lately). Try it with it turned "on" and see how it goes for you.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts