View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 09:34 AM   #2
TheBleedingRed21
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: PC vs PS4 - Super Mega Baseball 3

Normally.. I will always recommend the PC version for the following reasons (but.. console might be your route if the following doesn’t matter)

1) graphically better if your pc can handle it, the textures will be unmatched.

2) you can do some minor mods such as audio. I have a thread showing you can add custom walk ups, home run songs, etc. but it does take some time to do and not a plug and play.

3) You said you have a good gaming PC so the smoothness of the game is just good on PC, despite some reports otherwise, my high end gaming rig doesn’t have a single drop. (I am sure Blzer would tell you the same thing)

4) PC gets updates before consoles.

Now.. a few things to note for your case.

You want to play with your sons, which is awesome. I love playing these games with my boy, nothing like it man! You have some options for controller if you go PC router - PDP Xbox controller for Windows from Best Buy is excellent. I have 3 of them. They run around $24.99 sometimes on sale for $19.99.

You can use ps4 controller simply by plugging your usb cable in to the pc and connecting it to the controller. However, buttons will still show the Xbox. And you’re gonna need a long cable otherwise you’re gonna be stuck right at the machine.

The other big thing that pops into my mind - can you connect your computer to your TV with ease? I imagine you three would not want to be crowded at the computer and would enjoy it on the big screen. If you can easily connect it, steams big picture mode makes it so easy to get up and running. I wouldn’t use steam link or anything to play this, I would only connect it directly via HDMI.

So things to consider:

Is it worth buying another controller or using PS4 controller with Xbox buttons showing?

Can you connect PC to TV so you guys can enjoy playing and are not cramped?

Would it just be easier to have it on PS4 so you can get up and running with no extra work required? (Hooking up controllers, hooking up to tv)

I’m not going to tell you which to get as you know your situation better than any of us, but hopefully I’ve given enough insight that can help you.

Both PC and PS4 play the game great, so you’re not gonna go wrong. Enjoy gaming with your kiddos man!