Old 05-28-2020, 08:48 AM   #5
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Franchise Mode Too Easy????

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
Hey guys, I've been a Madden player for years, almost exclusively in Franchise mode. I think we can all agree the mode needs more immersion and improvements. But, on a very basic level it just seems Franchise mode is a little bit too easy.

I play on default All-Pro. Playing every game either with Play the Moments or playing the full game. This year I started a Franchise with the Bengals. The first season I went 6-10. Pretty realistic. Traded AJ Green and Dre Kirkpatrick to get a couple more picks. Let Dalton go. Signed Bridgewater. Got some O-line help with Austin Blythe and Jack Conklin as well as in the draft. Drafted CeeDee Lamb, Collin Johnson, and Xavier McKinney. I added Jalen Mills and Kyle Van Noy in free agency.

In 2020, I went 10-6 and won the Super Bowl. In 2021, I went 12-4 and again won the Super Bowl.

Now in 2022, after continuing to add to my O-line and adding some linebackers I'm just dominating. I'm 11-1. Turning Joe Mixon into an X-Factor player in 2020 really started to make it easy to win games.

It just seems no team, especially one in as bad of a spot as the Bengals (despite some good offensive weapons) could turn it around this fast.

My question is twofold:

Has a team in NFL history actually turned it around this quickly on a dime?? (My only thought is Jerry Jones with the 90s Cowboys, but Teddy Bridgewater is no Troy Aikman. Recently, the 49ers made a quick turnaround but they didn't win back to back Super Bowls, they just made it there).

Alternatively, is there anything I can do to make Franchise mode slightly more challenging or realistic, short of going to All-Madden, which I believe simply makes the game unnaturally difficult and move away from ratings??

If anyone else had the same experience, feel free to chip in. This isn't unique to Madden 20 either. In Madden 18, I took the Ben, Brown, and Bell Steelers to 3 straight Super Bowls.

I'm just trying to keep the spark of the game alive. NHL 20, for example, has a Franchise mode that is a little more of a challenge.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
Two things about your write-up stood out:

1. Trading away aging vets for draft picks. It doesn't happen that often in real life and is a quick and easy way to manipulate things a tad (especially if you're milking the top value). Now, not saying it's "cheese" or anything...but showing restraint in making those kinds of moves can add a ton of longevity. What I do in these cases is I put the guys on the block and see if another team offers me a deal. If they don't, I keep the vet rostered or release him and take the cap hit.

2. You used custom draft classes. Every custom draft class I've seen has inflated player potentials in comparison to stock draft classes. That's going to make things much easier. But even if you had a custom class that really aligned with the stock classes and was super balanced, you STILL have the advantage. If you follow college ball, you know who "the guys" are - it makes grabbing a superior class very easy. I highly recommend using the stock classes.

A couple of other things I'd suggest:

1. Try to ignore breakout scenarios. Let things develop naturally during the course of the game. He gets the stats, he gets them. If he doesn't, he doesn't. (I know...this is super hard )
2. Do not use the 5th year player option scenario (CPU doesn't get it). Alternatively, if in offline CFM, go through and take control of each team's coach the week of that scenario and run through the scenario for them (making the call for them).
3. Extend the contracts for key players during the season. They will cost more than if you wait to just before the off-season.

Madden's franchise mode isn't so much easy as much as it is easy to manipulate. To paraphrase Ian Malcolm, "Just because you CAN do it, doesn't mean that you should."
Advertisements - Register to remove