View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 02:04 AM   #2
JHamilton9
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Editor help (Object reference not set to an instance of an object)

Recently, a number of players seem to be having the same issue as you. Some are on XBox and some are on PS3. I'm going to ask a bunch of questions because I hope this could possibly turn into a successful troubleshooting thread. And one other users can follow.

As for you, which version of BruteForce are you using? I am wondering if the latest versions of BruteForce (and the latest versions of Modio for Xbox users) are causing problems with decrypting the file.

Next, if you click "Continue" on the editor pop-up error message, are you able to click on different tabs in the NCAA Dynasty Editor (Teams, Coaches, Organization, etc.) and have them populate in a minute or two? If so, which tabs are populating? I am wondering if there is a problem with reading one specific table or if it is a much bigger issue.

Finally, have you used only the editor to make the edits? Or maybe you export the csv file, make your edits, then import it back into the file. I recently discovered an issue with NFL Head Coach 09 where exporting the Player csv file, making edits, and importing it back could cause the file to have an error message. It turns out, anybody with a ", Jr." or ", Sr." with their last name or an international player with ", Canada" added to their hometown would add an extra column to the file and create that specific error message.

I'm trying to see if I can recreate the error message since I haven't had any recent problems opening several dynasties.