Old 06-03-2020, 02:17 PM   #8
Devaster
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Compensatory Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor
I agree, but one has to ask the question: what the hell is preventing them to do it? All it would take is expand draft classes a little bit (if at all) and find a working formula that at least resembles how compensatory picks are distributed irl.

It doesn't require basically any learning curve from the user, does not take away from the time user spends on playing his franchise, all it takes is a simple message "you were awarded a comp pick(s) in round(s) X, Y, Z next year" at the end of regular season and/or similar message showing comp picks distribution for the whole league, and that's about it.

Where's backbreaker in that?

It requires a lot of work from EA's side though and a completely different direction. The compensatory pick formula is a well guarded secret I believe and it is a complicated one that depends on a lot of free agency factors. Considering how dumbed down free agency and contracts are in Madden currently, this would be a significant change in direction.

I'd love to see more detailed contracts, free agency, compensatory picks, restricted FA's, etc.