View Single Post
Old 06-06-2020, 11:07 PM   #15
Money99
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Unified Boxing Federation (Glory Days Boxing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan
Aside from the 2nd set of 100 heavyweight fighters that Glory Days Boxing is releasing on Monday (mine will be shipped on Monday, ordered today) the creator is also releasing a free pdf download of 30 fictional "tomato cans".

Released this weekend or next week, the tomato cans will serve as fodder to build your fighter's numbers in a career replay.

I will be using these fighters (probably beginning January 2001) in the UBF very soon so I wanted to explain how I will use them...

If a fighter wins a fight in 5 rounds or less, he will be able to fight a tomato can the very next month. These are considered "unranked opponents". If he wins, he gets 0 Ranking Points. If he loses, he loses 15 Ranking Points.*

If the fighter defeats the tomato can in 5 rounds or less, no time is added to the amount of time he must rest before facing another ranked opponent. If he wins in round 6 or later, he must rest 2 months from the date of the fight with the unranked opponent (ie 1 month longer than normal). Of course, a loss results in 3 months rest (from the date of the fight with the unranked opponent).*

Example: Fighter A defeats Fighter B by TKO in the 3rd Round in a January bout. Fighter A must wait until April before fighting another ranked opponent. Fighter B must wait until May. However, since Fighter A won within the first 5 rounds, he can fight an unranked fighter in February. If he wins that fight within the first 5 rounds, he can still fight a ranked opponent as early as April. If he wins in round 6 or later, he must wait until May and if he loses he must wait until June.*

This system will allow me to pad some numbers without actually putting the Tomato Cans into the UBF.
This is great. I was wondering how some of these historic fighters could get a few padded wins to build up a worthy record.

Keep up the great work! Loving this universe you've got going!

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove