Old 06-07-2020, 07:52 PM   #3
Cycloniac
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: How do attributes effect each other

Quote:
Originally Posted by thawkprime 21
So im sure its a way more complex system than i think but maybe it isnt. As i am wondering how hitter and pitcher attributes effect one another. For example the combination of a pitchers H/9 and a hitter contact. Does a lower H/9 make a batter with lets say 45 contact have a better chance of getting a hit or does it not work that way. I bring this up because to me it seems like younger pitchers have way more MLB than the younger hitters.
There are several hints in the game's strategy guide. I would suggest reading that.

To add though:
-H/9 interacts with the contact rating to determine hit quality
-K/9 interacts with the vision rating to determine whiff likelehood. If k/9 is low, you'll see more foul balls rather than whiffs, and more balls in play in general
-HR/9 used to interact with power during games, but this only happens in the sim engine now.
-The two clutch ratings come into play when there are men on base/men in scoring position.
-Stamina acts as a modifier for the per 9 ratings i.e. tired pitchers become less effective, which changes the batter-pitcher dynamic over the course of the game.