View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 06:50 PM   #20
steelerfan
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Unified Boxing Federation (Glory Days Boxing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
"Ruiz-Pazler; Someone's Getting Retired!", lol

Excited to see what Dr Hammer Fist will do.

Loving this Universe you have going. Great stuff man!
Technically, a Ruiz loss would put him just 2 losses over his win total (1-3-0) so he wouldn't enter retirement protocol, lol.

I'm excited about Wladimir too. Hopefully, his brother will join soon and they can square off at some point.

It's worth noting, as with Buster Douglas, it's not a guarantee that a fighter will retire if they fall into protocol. Most will but some won't. It's a formula I use that involves their "Will" rating and dice rolls. Mercer actually had very little chance of retiring but did anyway.

On a side note, I'll be posting January 2001 results shortly and the Tomato Can set is not out quite yet. To keep from waiting for it, I'm going to track back to January 2000 every occurrence of a fighter being "owed" a fight against an unranked opponent (Tomato Can) and start making those fights up as I can. Right now, 16 such fights are in the queue.

What this means is that when the Tomato Can set is released I will probably have 2 fight cards per month until the backlog is caught up. One regular card and one with "past due" unranked fights. I hope that makes sense.

The good news is some guys will start to build some numbers. For example, Gene Tunney is 4-0-0 and is already owed 2 fights against Tomato Cans. By mid 2001, if he wins his ranked fights, he could be 8-0-0 and possibly have 11 or 12 results by the end of 2001.