Old 06-09-2020, 09:50 PM   #6
TarHeelPhenom
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I had the 2K2 version on the Dreamcast...and enjoyed it.

I didn't play 2K3, but I do recall it getting hammered in reviews compared to EA's game that year (2003 was Possibly the best year over year improvement EA ever had with the series).

I seem to recall that 2K3 focused on the option play....and people said that part of the game was decent, but not much else (from what I remember???).

I will be curious as to your review in 2020.

Just cracked it open and am watching a CPU vs. CPU game Utah-San Diego State. The things that stand out so far:

1) The game actually looked better than I thought it would...although with it being made in 2002 the graphics are obviously outdated.

2) You can tell they mo-captured Eric Crouch for the option game. The proper steps that the QB takes depending on whether it's a speed or counter option look good. Problem is out of the box, the option game is non-existant. The defense be all over it.

3) I've seen some pretty cool animations...you can def tell it's a 2k football game. I've already seen 3 PI's.

4) You can edit players, create a school, edit recruits(I think)

5) The game has the ESPN presentation almost identical to 2k5 but minus the halftime show etc. It also has fictional play by play announcers like 2k5 did.

The game definitely needed polish and would have been interesting to see what it would have been if 2k would have continued with the series.