View Single Post
Old 06-14-2020, 12:10 AM   #110
DancyHercules3
Rookie

DancyHercules3's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Most Complete Historic Roster (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_pride
Yeah I agree with you. I've always felt that classic teams are more of an after thought for 2K as they seem to lack the same attention to detail as the main roster.

With that being said, I've always felt that it would be much more appealing for those who buy the game if 2K were to implement a classic season mode. Instead of lumping in a whole bunch of classic teams without any context, 2K could pick out a classic season e.g. 1997-98 and re-create all the teams. Not only would that add more purpose to the teams but it would also allow the development teams to focus specifically on getting the game play right for a single era as opposed to multiple eras, which is the case now. Think about it: imagine how difficult and time consuming it is to create things like, tendencies, playbooks, freelances etc. for teams 60s, 70s, 80s, 90, 2000s & 2010s etc! Its no wonder that the classic teams are so messed up; its too big a task having to develop teams accurately over so many eras.
That will never happen. The way they have it now makes sense. 2K is an yearly progressive game like any other sport games. There's no reason they would or should invest millions into basically an entire new game just to recreate past season. When many of us are already doing that given the tools they have with custom rosters. Plus it would be a nightmare trying to get likeness and rights for the players that are no longer with the NBAPA or the Alumni. Maybe replace some of the 90s teams cause some of them are only in the game because of the 2K11 MJ mode. (like the Knicks, why 95 instead of 94 or 92? they were much better teams). I don't think it's a big task, if me one person can fix it in a matter of 2 months. They can easily with their resources too, but it's obviously not a priority to them. I mean even the default 2K current roster this year is horrid, let alone the classic roster. Plus you gotta consider the fact that they can't get every single player for the classic teams, many key players are missing for alot of them, there would be no point of 2K to invest and trying to make them realistic. I'm just glad that they give us a great roster editing tool to correct those things.

Last edited by DancyHercules3; 06-14-2020 at 07:12 PM.