View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 09:17 PM   #3
lowkey_loc
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: I just made the biggest gaffe in my 11 year history of playing the Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
I was playing the as my 2014 carry over Jays @ the Giants and I was totally focused on hitting. They came out with a hell of a starter and their bullpen ain't to shabby either so I was going total focus on offense.

I was kind of zoning out on defense. I knew my pitcher was doing well but I wasn't really keeping track of how well. All of a sudden I realized it was the seventh and a thought popped into my head.

"Is he pitching a perfect game?"

I'm unsure so I wait for the scorebug between innings and the it is. No hits up 3-0. I check the boxscore and yup no walks.

I know he doesn't have great endurance so I start warming up my setup man to start the 8th. Of course then I walk the first batter on 5 pitches. Ok, that's baseball. Still got a shot at the no-no. Next batter grounds into a double play. Awesome.

Then I go to the bullpen to put my setup man into ready and waiting. Except I don't click ready and waiting. I click put in game.

I didn't throw the controller, it more leaped out of my hands at an accelerated rate as I violently cringed in utter disgust and embarrassment at myself.

I had to walk away. I put the PS4 in sleep mode. It's still there, inside the machine, waiting for me the next time I turn it on. I may never play my PS4 again.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
I'm shaking my head as i read this post. Man...that's a tough way to lose a possible no hitter. They say things happen for a reason though. At least you still have a ps4 controller if you decide to play out the remaining innings. I feel your pain bro.