TheWarmWind
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Contract and Roster Management Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
How does your Bank Balance affect this?

I’ve noticed that you can use stubs to increase the balance, and it seems to be used to dictate whether or not you can trade for players. I’ve seen elsewhere though that it resets to $5m each year and people say it doesn’t really do anything.

Also, baseball doesn’t have a salary cap?
To add on to what Caulfield said, the amount of money you have in the offseason is impacted by the amount of money you save up during a season.

There are people who have studied the system far more than me, but this is my understanding of it.

A team's spending budget during the offseason is based on a combination of performance, market, money saved from the current season, and money saved from past seasons. When the offseason ends and spring training begins, an in season budget is set based on current salary commitments, market and predicted profits (which I assume are related to last year's performance). All of the excess money is skimmed for future offseasons and "profit" (meaning it disappears) except for a 5 million grace which is put in the bank. Money will be added or taken away from the bank based on how well you stay on budget.

The simplest way to put it is: If you want a lot of cash to spend in the offseasons, save as much money in the bank as possible while also winning games.

To clarify the luxury tax: It's a soft cap, meaning that every dollar you spend over the soft cap will cost you two dollars.

Last edited by TheWarmWind; 07-04-2020 at 10:23 AM.