View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 08:47 PM   #1
BDaniels20
Rookie

OVR: 0
2009 90ish Man Roster

I’ve been working on creating a 2009 90ish man roster using the RBU Ratings and Bacon’s fictional as a base.

Originally this was something I was just doing for fun to use on my own and wasn’t planning on sharing but I’ve fallen behind on progress and have a lot going on now so I’m not sure I’d even be able to finish on my own so felt I might as well post about it.

I used Bacon’s as a base because I think his player models are real well done and actually look human while having enough unique players that there are that many repeats. I’m awful at face creation and having a player without their true likeness – though I did try to match the skin colors and am pretty sure there aren’t any guys who are badly off - isn’t something that really ruins the game for me at all so you’ll see the roster is mainly Bacon’s creations with edited information. That being said, for the majority of MLB players I was able to find them on other rosters and important them and then age them forward however much was necessary so there are a ton of other people’s creations way too much to ever properly give credit, but for the most part the MLB players look like themselves.

To get closer to making it towards 90 guys a team I did add notable players that were either drafted or signed internationally in the next few years and aged them back towards what they would have been in 2009.

As far as progress goes I’m actually pretty far a long and will try to detail it below in an easy way to follow.

Creation / Addition of Players – All Players are created and added to the right team. 30/30

Ages / Positions / Service Time – All Players have the proper information. Service time is only edited to the correct year I didn’t include days. 30/30

Rating of Hitters – All hitters are rated using RBU. I did use some hindsight where necessary and adjusted some guys who had bad years, were hurt, broke out later etc… to give them a chance of reaching their real-life outcomes in the game. 30/30

Rating of Pitchers – Begun ratings for pitchers using RBU. I did use some hindsight where necessary and adjusted some guys who had bad years, were hurt, broke out later etc… to give them a chance of reaching their real-life outcomes in the game. Anyways, at this point I have 7/30 done.

Pitch Edits - I wasn't really happy with the way I had been doing pitch edits previously and MBMavs shared his edits with me that go back to 2009 so I decided I'm going to use those since they're really well done. So far 2/30 Teams With Pitch Edits

Contracts – The plan is to go through and give everyone at least the correct contract duration if not the exact money values. I tested this with a few guys on the Yankees, CC and Teixeira, who had both signed new contracts prior to that season. For some reason while it showed them with the proper contract duration on the player edit screen within an active franchise their player cards were subtracting their service time from the contract. So for example, CC’s player card showed him as being a 2021 free agent while Teixeira’s had 3 years or so. Not sure if this is just a graphics bug or something that I was doing wrong but will have to play around with that bit more to figure it out to get it done properly. Anyways, at this point I have 0/30 done.

So, if anyone would want to help it’s greatly appreciated even if you only have time for small bits. The pitcher’s ratings are the only big part left so even knocking out a team or two would be a great help to me. Like I said I wasn’t planning on sharing this but have run into some delays which is why I’m posting but not expecting anyone to bend over backwards to make this happen.

For those of you that don’t have time but are interested in the roster I’ll try and keep the progress updated and will share the finished roster if I do get to the finish line as I personally think it’s coming out pretty well.

Last edited by BDaniels20; 07-15-2020 at 06:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove