View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 01:45 PM   #1200
steelersd26
Rookie

steelersd26's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Finally diving into what will likely be my last franchise for M20.

Not going too fancy here - finally deciding to use my Saints for a long-term franchise (I nearly never use them in Madden). Adopting one "house rule" for this (and likely something I'll do for M21 as well) - must have coach firing "on" and commit to a playoff (or Super Bowl) appearance as a goal each season. The coaching demands in the NFL are harsh; guys get chewed-up and spit-out in short order if they don't perform. Setting a playoffs goal puts on the pressure and makes every decision a little more consequential. Obviously for a team like the 2019 Saints; it's not a stretch (I actually set a Super Bowl goal for Year 1). But what about a team like the Dolphins? That gets quite interesting. Now, if I were to get Payton fired, I would have the option of quitting the franchise or following him to his new team (if he retires, I'd just take over his successor).

Anyways, diving into it....

We made one significant preseason move, trading Malcom Brown and a 2021 6th rounder to the Bills for DE Trent Murphy. Murphy will give us an added presence on the edge opposite Jordan and he can slide inside in dime packages if needed. He's not a sexy player by any means, but is a blue collar guy that can get the job done.

One other preseason note: we lost RT Ryan Ramczyk for several weeks. Veteran Marshall Newhouse will fill-in for the time being, but it was a big blow on the right side of our line.

Week 1: Faced the Texans at home on MNF. It was brutal, we finished with 63 yards passing and barely any ground game as the Houston offense kept us off the field. However, our defense did not break, scoring two defensive TDs (a fumble and tip-drill INT) en route to a 17-9 win.

Week 2: Facing the Rams on the road. Jared Goff threw three first quarter TD passes (two on bombs) and the Rams took advantage of that early lead for 40-29 win, dropping us to 1-1. Our offense got on-track in the second half, scoring our first offensive TD of the season in the 3rd quarter.

Week 3 has us facing a very good Seattle team...it's going to be a challenge for sure!
I've always been a big proponent of using your favorite team in franchise modes. I find it more engaging when I'm using a team that I have a strong emotional connection with compared to a random team that I don't really know too well or care for much.
NBA: New York Knicks
NCAA: Tennessee Volunteers

Twitch:
http://www.twitch.tv/steelersd26

Follow my NCAA Football 22 Dynasty Here!