View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 02:55 PM   #1202
steelersd26
Rookie

steelersd26's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I waffle on this, A LOT. In one sense, there IS a 'connection' right off the bat. On the other hand, there can be more preconceptions on what "should happen" that can push one into worrying too much about real life comparisons that detract from one's enjoyment of the mode.

I had a blast using the Dolphins this year, a team I don't care about IRL. I was able to forge my own imprint on the team as I could objectively evaluate the talent on-hand and base decisions strictly on ratings and in-game experience, which immersed me further. As I brought in my own guys, the bond grew.

No right or wrong answer here, but it's a question we all have to answer for ourselves.
I totally get where you're coming from. A lot of my challenges with franchises in the past have had to do with trying to match how a player "should" play based on real life instead of his in-game stats.

I wish I could use other teams and still have as much fun, but it never works out for me when I try it.

The more fictional players brought in, the better the game gets is an ideology I wholeheartedly agree with. Not even just gameplay, I get super attached to these guys since they're "my guys" and my guys only. It really enhances the immersion for me and by that point, it really doesn't matter what team you started with anyways.
NBA: New York Knicks
NCAA: Tennessee Volunteers

Twitch:
http://www.twitch.tv/steelersd26

Follow my NCAA Football 22 Dynasty Here!