View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 01:01 PM   #1
sgf83
Pro

sgf83's Arena

OVR: 0
The Career Of Steve Fulton(Nascar Racing 2002 Season) 2nd Attempt

I am going to do a "career" on NR2002. I have downloaded almost 1000 cars from 1997-2015 and have the car sets set up to run a "career" myself since there is only season mode on this older game. I will start out with my own upstart/sponsorless team looking to make a name for myself and get an offer to drive for an established team and/or gain sponsorship for my team.

In NASCAR the first five races of the season had provisional starting spots based on the previous years point standings. If you weren't in the top-35 in points the previous year you aren't locked into the race. Since my team is brand new we will have no points to fall back on so I will need to qualify for each race or I will simulate a DNQ(did not qualify) by retiring before the green and receive zero points. If I out qualify the last place car I make the race. After the first five races the top-35 cutoff goes to the current season's standings.

I am going to start the career on 100% difficulty. Each year it will go down 1% as a default simulating me gaining experience until I can consistently contend for championships. There may be some storylines that could cause that percentage to go back up as well.

This playthrough may not go by what happened in real life and I might make up my own story lines. For instance, drivers retiring and switching teams may not mirror real life but at the start of this all the teams/drivers I have in the roster are correct for 1997. Except my team of course which is not real.

Also to keep the races from being too long and having too many cars out or laps down I'm running 50% race length with damage turned off. A few tracks have issues with cars running into each other during a caution taking some lead cars out so I just turned the damage off to prevent this.

Edit: After season one I have decided to take race length down to 25%.

So, let's get in the time machine and travel back to when NASCAR was in the midst of it's "glory" days. When even back-marker teams had multi-million dollar companies on the sides of their cars. The stands were packed, the lights were bright, the year was 1997 and lets head to Daytona!

Last edited by sgf83; 08-03-2020 at 01:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove