View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 09:09 PM   #7
BQ32
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: HEAD MOVEMENT is STILL slow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12_Adriyel_12
In Real Life, head movement should be quick and fast twitch. (Yes based on ratings, but any professional fighter should be able to slip away with good timing)

But on UFC 3/4 the head movement is delayed and doesn't feel "timing based". I feel I have to "pre-evade" with the head movement and footwork with angles isn't good either. I shouldn't have to do a giant leap on one direction to keep the opponent from pressing forward the whole fight with jab-jab-hook or jab-ultra fast overhand.

-__-
It's actually even worse then having to pre-deny. Depending on which fighter you use, if you pre-deny under 75-100 milliseconds you still will get caught with the punch even though you had imputed your commands before your opponent imputed the strike thrown. I just can't understand why they think blocking tons of shots is the primary defense in MMA because is down the list after footwork and head movement. It also creates a very unrealistic playstyle and promotes strike spamming. Head movement while blocking doesn't allow you to counter either so they are really trying to keep the striking close to 3 with a stand up rockem sockem robot feel to it. I guess they think more casuals will want to play a rocky game rather then a striking sim.