Old 07-15-2020, 09:17 AM   #4
LarsP
Pro

LarsP's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Appeal to developers

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
There is a lot of frustration, it seems common during these betas. The mistake I see from some is directing it to the wrong people, and I think that comes from not understanding who they are talking to. I can imagine the frustration battling for a specific part of the game to be shut down by management and then torn to shreds on the internet, gamechangers and certain devs become the scapegoats and it makes sense that a lot prefer to step down. I wish we could all understand that it’s totally fair to be upset, but there are effective and noneffective ways to argue.

As for UD3, I feel bringing up UD3 is just a meme at this point and folks get lost in the nostalgia trip. UD3 was great, don’t get me wrong, but it was great for its time and the actual game is nowhere near modern ufc 4. I find it insulting to the devs to just keep bringing up a dated game as if this was the beacon of mma game perfection. Striking is significantly better in this game. I’d argue fighter likeness is better too (ignoring graphics here). I also find grappling better, people remember very specific factors of grappling like the various transitions, but don’t seem keen to remember all the flaws that ud3 grappling had.

At this point i think we should stop bringing up UD3 as better and just focus on the mechanic we prefer.
That is true from a pure gameplay point of view, but if we're talking offline modes, everything this EA team has produced is lightyears behind UD3.