Old 07-15-2020, 10:51 AM   #8
aholbert32
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Appeal to developers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
Look man the point is to be critical. There are plenty of posts celebrating the devs (and rightfully so) for their hard work. But not everyone needs to start every critical post with some fellating preface.

It’s definitely unfair to blame the gamechangers for things they have no control over. It’s unfair to blame the devs for management level decisions.

As far as the devs are concerned, it is completely fair to criticize what actually is in the game and how it was implemented.

As far as the gamechangers go, when they are no longer under NDA, history strongly suggests that they will be in here defending aspects of the game that some people here will have a problem with. Are we allowed to criticize them then?

This constant need for people to derail every discussion by taking their turn to brown nose... it’s all so tiresome. These are adults, they can handle a little criticism without it ruining their lives there is no need to infantilize them.

Maybe working as a server for 7 years and dealing with a few horrific, impossible to please people on a daily basis has made me realize what that actually looks like.
I can pretty much guarantee you that wont be the case with 4. If you look at the beta threads from UFC 3, you found GCs like me regularly running in here talking about aspects of the game and defending it.

The NDA isnt keeping people from defending/discussing the game. The reason is two fold:

1) I think after 4-5 years of abuse from OSers some are over with regulalrly discussing the game on OS. I know I am. There is no real benefit in having regular discussions about the game with people who are unwilling to accept what the game is (I'm not talking about you, CP). Especially when those people wrongfully blame you for things you have no control in.

I will be SHOCKED if the GCs or devs are as active here as they were in past games.

2) Not all of us agree with the direction of the game. I know why EA is doing what they are doing. I understand it from a financial perspective but it isnt anything I will defend.