View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 02:27 AM   #7
TheFinalEvent97
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Been watching NBA Restart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m29a
I watched most of the games as well but don't fully agree on some points. I think there is some slight exaggerations, especially basing it off a single game for these players.

I'd say most people playing the game aren't going to want Giannis to be even more effective than he already is. It'd be way too easy and automatic, especially with how some people already feel about driving/blow-bys as-is.

Zion has shown to be very efficient on offense, but at times struggles on defense when he can zone out. If we're basing off the last game, while he shot 6 for 8, his +/- was -16 in just 15 minutes of play which is... not good. That said, very bright future for him as long he stays healthy.

As for Luka/KP, I think they're represented reasonably well. If you meant crashing with regards to rebounding, KP isn't typically known to rebound aggressively especially with poor box outs, but he was able to rebound very well because the Rockets are undersized and not good at rebounding with their lineups. As for KP 3 pt shooting, he was 35% so far for the year which is pretty close to league average. I'd agree though he should probably have limitless range.

James Harden is indeed ridiculous, though in terms of defense he certainly played a role (like the rest of the team) in allowing the Mavs to get the basket with incredible ease for the first 3 quarters of the game when they gave up a massive amount of points.

I'm just saying it's good to have a balanced take on things and not get too carried away.
Kinda off topic but using plus-minus for a single game is...problematic. It can easily be skewed by mini shooting streaks/slumps in game and doesn't account for opponent/teammate strength at all.