View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 10:25 AM   #8
dlxsf18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Been watching NBA Restart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
Regardless of how effective they are, the game isn't at a point where foot planting and length of stride makes a difference.
I can see stride being implemented as a tendency or slider the way shorts length goes from 1-10 iirc, so maybe the average 6'3 player would have stride length set at 35 and Giannis would be at or above 95 or something ridiculous like that, if that makes sense

I also think they should just have their motion capture guys go in and perform basic actions such as rim runs off a screen, all out sprints from one end of the court to the other, putting the ball on the floor after a triple threat move, etc. just so that they can have multiple preset running styles (think MLBTS) designed to represent the variety of different ways players move on the court. I get that the point of this thread was more towards separating the elite players from everyone else but I think the way to actually do that is to have it so that no one player looks or feels the same animation wise.

this is a concept obviously already in the game via dribbling and shot styles but it ought to expand to include things like rebounding, passing, and running as well.