View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 11:17 AM   #1
ApexGamerChannel
Rookie

OVR: 0
Recovery Frame Question

Striking is my favorite aspect of combat, but I don’t enjoy that element in these games or haven’t since the Undisputed days.

I completely understand the current mechanics but have a general question for anyone that can answer. Why do fighters recovery to moving or blocking faster then defensive opponent can strike back on block, and whiffed strikes?

It feels very unnatural to have to throw a moving strike to almost land on an opponent that either hit your hands with a medium to long frame count strike while they can start walking and blocking before the animation is complete even if it’s not a part of a combo.

Punishing in this game currently only can be done preemptive with a strike that can intercept, and not when an opponent throws and is block, slipped or side stepped without the offensive player returning to there block, and or start walking out of range.

In my mind short frame strikes should recover in all forms the fastest, medium should recover to blocking quicker then to movement or to striking and large frame should recover to movement the slowest and back to blocking and striking slower then the medium strikes so there is consistency in punishing on block and on whiff since currently everything is/feels safe on block.

There is some fishy-ness in the target fighters recovery as well but I need to hit the lab to narrow that down at a later date.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove