View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 01:21 PM   #184
young22
MVP

young22's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: #SWARM - RELOADED

2019 Grad Transfer QBs

So this was fairly time-consuming, I can't use the editor with this file because even the modded TB editor won't load it. I doubt I'll ever do this for any other position, too much work and QB is the only position that's really going to take a team from 5 wins to 10.

Criteria were: Player must be RS JR, SR or RS SR, I've heard of a lot of guys enrolling early or even taking super heavy courseloads in order to graduate in 3 years so I figured why not throw in some elite RS JRs to make for more competitive teams. 90+ OVR for P5 guys to leave, 85+ for G5 guys. Not a hard and fast rule, just a guideline I followed. I also only did 9 transfers, there were 6 more guys that met the criteria but I chose not to transfer, Bama for instance has a RS JR QB who's an 88, hasn't played a snap but he will start next year, and I wasn't going to send him to some lowly MAC/Sun Belt school.

Courtney Sims, 92 OVR: Houston --> Iowa

Sims has been pushed out by breakout freshman Justin Cohen (99 OVR), and Iowa gives sophomore Eric Thompson (81 OVR) another year to develop.

Bryan Norwood, 91 OVR: FSU --> Auburn

Huge get for Auburn, as they're stacked at every skill position, and now WR Allen McLaughlin (96 OVR) has an elite QB throwing to him. True freshman Jeff Durbin (76 OVR) needs time, and he'll have at least a year to develop behind Norwood, who has 2 years left on his 5-year clock.

Greg Moore, 90 OVR: Northwestern --> Cincinnati

Cincy are solid, and could contend for the division now with Moore at the helm for the next 2 seasons.

Ryan Mitchell, 86 OVR: BYU --> Nevada

Nevada didn't have a good replacement for Devon Jordan, who's now with the Cincinnati Bengals. Mitchell buys them another year to find a longer term option. We're going to get a look at Mitchell when we play Nevada this year.

Justin Caldwell, 97 OVR: Michigan State --> Notre Dame

MSU have sophomore Andy Nelson (99 OVR) as a starter, and Caldwell makes this ND team a contender in the Big Ten.

Jacob Neal, 94 OVR: Stanford --> TAMU

True freshman Sean Marshall (85 OVR) isn't quite ready to be a star, so he'll develop behind Neal. Stanford start senior Larry Haynes (99 OVR), and have true freshman Andrew Busch (87 OVR) waiting in the wings. Neal has never thrown a pass. His high school tape was legendary, but injuries and elite QBs at Stanford have blocked him from playing. If he shows out, he'll be drafted high next year.

Jeff Thomas, 92 OVR: Syracuse --> UCF

UCF aren't as good as last year, when they finished #25. But Thomas is an elite QB who could lead them to an AAC title. We're going to see Thomas this year in conference play.

Nic Larsen, 88 OVR: Ohio State -- > SDSU

Larsen was the 3rd stringer behind sophomore and Heisman favorite Jabari Valentine (96 OVR) and freshman Danny Washington (90 OVR). He steps down to a G5 school as he'll hope to be picked up by an NFL team come spring.

Christian Quinn, 91 OVR: Tulsa --> Rice

Quinn is an undersized pocket passer who's been stuck behind Rian Milton (99 OVR) for 3 years. He started one game last year, completing 18 of 26 passes for 337 yards and 2 scores. Like Larsen, he steps down from P5 play to try and secure a future as a football player.

Last edited by young22; 08-05-2020 at 04:07 PM.