View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 12:05 PM   #63
Therebelyell626
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Head accessories such as masks will not be in the actual fight in UFC 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumarKing123
I'm a teenager and am as hardcore as its possible to be at my age. Stay up from 12-5 am to watch the events, played every EA UFC and Undisputed 2010 and 3 etc.

I was 12 when Fortnite fully took off in my age group. People that age love the skins and the emotes and masks. The emote/skin nonsense that has been added to UFC 4 is what made Fortnite so popular among that age group.

The only issue is, young teens and "tweens" like the skins that are "cool". They don't find lion head and colourful stuff "cool". They do find the dragon masks and chains "cool".

I see this game doing very well with the "tween" Fortnite crowd if they market the backyard and kumite with the chains and dragons. They don't see MMA as a sport, and they'll perceive the emotes as being no different from Fortnite.

Its age rated 16, but age ratings have never mattered. This game is targeted towards 10-13 year olds who know McGregor and Lesnar. Maybe also Nate and Masvidal.

If this game sells, they're going to renew the license and turn UFC 5 into arcade kickboxing with even more fortnite stuff.

Still hoping this game fails commercially so Yukes can take over
Hey kumar. Thanks for the input. It’s nice to get some insight from the someone in the demographic they are targeting.