View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 10:44 PM   #6
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: MyCareer Matchup Nightmares

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsdabeast
Playing MyCareer as a 6'4'' point guard is fun...mostly. My player is decent. Not overpowered. Decent badges defensively.

But there is 1 player I have no clue why the game refuses to adjust for. Ben Simmons. I cannot guard him. I really wish you had some control over who you guard. He's too big & too fast to prevent getting right to the rim at will.

Short of changing minutes & positions before the game I can't avoid getting consistently posterized by this PF playing the PG position.

Anybody else have any matchup nightmares they hate dealing with?
Literally just finished a 4-2 losing playoff series as a 6'4 PG (on the Magic, year 1) against Simmons. Not yet 90 OVR but, yeah, he's a hard assignment (was on Superstar difficulty).

I found some success by not going out to him around the perimeter - just sticking near the key at all times - and could usually cut him off driving to the hoop, but he makes some crazy contested layups, just going over the top.

He's also tough on D, but got my points mostly on set plays.

Also SteveQ, I agree on Fultz, he always seems to get difficult buckets when I played against him (in other MC's, he's teammate in this one obviously and therefore sucks).

Last edited by Nza; 08-06-2020 at 10:46 PM.