Old 08-07-2020, 09:46 PM   #8
buziii
Rookie

buziii's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Babe Ruth and the All-Timers Program Nice Win for Offline Folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxatron
This is where the innings counting for Affinity would help. That's literally the only issue I have with this because otherwise it's a fantastic content drop and something to do with your DD team. That's always been a huge issue with The Show for me is that you can't actually use your DD team for anything other than Ranked. So here is a legitimate (and cool!) reason to use your team.

Getting Affinity progress would have made this the single greatest piece of content they could have dropped. Desirable cards, tons of packs, stubs and XP along the way and earning progress in TA where you're working towards cards, packs, stubs etc.

This is like what I've been suggesting forever. But these being deliberately excluded from TA progress is just silly. And it's so silly I can't help but harp on it.

But yes, playing the CPU is basically a timesink. Always. If you get out to a big enough lead you can just bunt through your ABs to speed it up a little. The CPU will randomly play out of its mind so you'll have to deal with that. Being able to use your team and not a bunch of random cards like last year's Sig Series stuff should make this easier, as well. I haven't played any of these yet so I don't know how they're playing slider wise. But from what I'm reading around the community they aren't absurdly whacky.

Just knock out a couple at a time unless you really need to have the rewards now. This is the perfect type of content where you can bang out a couple of these if you don't feel like playing online or something and then just pick back up wherever the next day.
I don't normally gripe in here, because Lord knows there's plenty of that. And this is really a great game overall.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't want to play with my best players all the time. Being able to grind some TA with a lesser team in this Moment would be awesome. It could be the best of both worlds. If you want to use your top squad, have at it. But, I want some incentive to try to beat these teams with a lesser squad, and grind some TA points. I just don't understand.