View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 03:34 AM   #4
Mackrel829
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Deciding on a Franchise Team for M21

I think the Jets will be a really fun Franchise this year, and I'll probably get into it with them at some point too. I disagree that they're they hardest rebuild though. They already have their QB, and they have multiple first round picks. They have some pieces in place, it's just a case of waiting for development.

I'll be starting with the Colts, however.

With the addition of Phillip Rivers, the Colts are in a very short Superbowl window. They're certainly not championship favourites in Year One or Year Two, but are absolutely a team that could go all the way if things break right. I'm going to squeeze every last drop out of Rivers, Houston, Hilton, and Rhodes, and hope that its enough to get me over the line.

The reason the Colts are so exciting though, is that the window can be extended almost indefinitely if they can find their next franchise QB in those first two years. The core of the team is incredibly young and incredibly talented, with the like of Buckner, Leonard, Taylor, Pittman, Ya-Sin, Willis, Nelson, Smith, etc. and could genuinely be a dynasty in the making depending how things play out over the first two years.

Jacoby Brissett has proven himself to be a high end back up or a low end starter, so he's not the guy. Jacob Eason has a lot of potential but a long way to go. I could see spending a lot of training resources and pre-season time on him and trying to develop him, but he's still something of a long shot. There are a handful of QBs in the upcoming draft who might make it to the back of the first or the top of the second who could be ideal, and the only other options would be a trade or free agency. Streaming aging free agent QBs from year to year might not be the worst idea, but my ideal scenario would be swinging a trade for Dak. Dallas obviously has another two franchise tags to spend on him, and they'll probably get a long term deal done they have to use them. Plus, I can't imagine the haul they'd ask for in return.

I'm going to spend the first few weeks making a detailed custom playbook that replicates the Colts style of play IRL. Hopefully should give time for the gameplay to settle, a patch or two to be released, and a slider set and draft class to be made. Then I'll jump in and get started!

Last edited by Mackrel829; 08-10-2020 at 03:38 AM.