The Senator's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What it would take for you to purchase UFC 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Lmaoooo. Sign me up.
Throw me on the UD3 train...

In all seriousness:

-Fighter individuality needs to be better implemented, more signature animations are a must. The lack of varied striking animations is an absolute shame.
-TKOs/Doctor Stoppages(the latter should be exceedingly tough to force, but if someone has a bad enough cut, they should have to defend it, with a warning check giving you ample notice that if you don't, the fight will be stopped if you keep taking shots to the head)
-Clean up the standup controls, no more switch kicks on the wrong button, no more punch inputs for kicks. And at that point, also find a way to keep takedowns distinct from any striking controls.
-More complexity to the clinch, bring back double unders, pummeling, fighting against the cage, the new clinch is a good start, but we need all of MMA to be represented well here. If there's enough concern about Usman style tactics, just make the ref break that stuff up faster.
-Either bump the emotes to appear during Buffer's announcement, or axe them outright from the intro. They're ugly and out of place.
-The instant posture down needs to be adjusted, and where's the elbows and hammerfists?
-Stamina can always be tuned down, going the UD3 route with a set of sliders for arcade or sim for online quick play would be optimal, but I don't expect that to happen.

-Pride Mode and Universe Mode would be an instant purchase, but I know we're not getting those.

All in all, I just want a game that's an outright improvement on UFC3, that honestly attempts to replicate the sport as well as it can while maintaining a playable experience for a wide variety of players. I don't think this would have been too hard to have managed, but the direction of UFC4 just doesn't sit well with me, and I'll sit this one out.