View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 12:55 PM   #1
stealyerface
MVP

OVR: 9
Interesting Discovery

So, with the RedSox in the tank this year, and Mookie Betts really making a good case for Boston getting rid of his dead weight (not), I have been trying to keep myself entertained by playing the games on the RedSox schedule, but with an interesting twist...

I am forcing myself to pitch the games with the exact pitching lines from the games the night before. So, for example, the other night the RedSox went with a "committee" game where they threw Brasier for one inning, Brewer for 3 innings, Walden for .2 innings etc...

The next day Perez went 5.2innings, so for my games I am playing, regardless of how the pitcher is doing in "my" game, I am going to match the night prior's line exactly.

Well, well... I have made a very important discovery that might be of interest to the following key words and groups:

fanboi, comeback code, cheating, pitcher stamina, comeback code, "why can I pitch great for 6 innings and then all of a sudden lose, this game sucks....", etc...

I want anyone in the above list of usual suspects to pay attention here, and pitch a few games with a starter, and just for fun, only let your pitcher throw for 1-2 innings.

I dominated the Rays, won 10-2 and my pitching was rock solid, as no one ever got tired or fatigued.

The next game, I threw Marty for his 5.2 innings, and even though he had plenty left in the tank, I just matched up the lines, and again, easily dominated the Rays in a virtual 11-5 win.

What I discovered was that normally, I would never pitch with a one-inning starter, no would I have ever taken out Perez with the lead he had after just 5.2 innings. This leads me to believe that while the stamina meter gives the user an idea of what the pitcher has left, a lot of the "issues" and "comebacks" are self inflicted, rather than a function of the game cheating, or issuing the order to commence the dreaded, and oft talked about Comeback Code".

So, I urge those having troubles, and finding themselves frustrated and losing games in the late innings, to try a couple games with this method, and utilize this whole new starter mentality, and see if that helps win some of the games folks are struggling to stay in.

Good luck, and have fun.
~syf
Advertisements - Register to remove