View Single Post
Old 08-17-2020, 06:05 PM   #32
ripcandlestickpark
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Old Madden Franchise Features: Are They as Good as We Remember?

If EA does decide to implement a new radio show (which I sincerely hope they do), I'd prefer it if they didn't go back to the Tony Bruno well. He's pretty much a sports media relic at this point. I'm also not a fan of the GMFB crew that was mentioned in the article. I know a lot of my fellow Niner fans love Pete Schrager since he's a bit of a homer, but something about him and Brandt have always rubbed me the wrong way.

Personally, I'd love to hear Rich Eisen do the honors (especially since he's already going to be in FoTF). Or, if EA wanted to go the route of someone more obscure (but with, presumably, more recording time on their hands), someone like Adam Lefkoe from Bleacher Report. They could even give it more of a podcast vibe if they went that route.

As for weather or not to bring back the other aspect of Storyline Central, the newspapers, I don't think I have a strong preference. I'd just like to see the bottom ticker in the Franchise hub be utilized better for text news. I'd rather see it display scores from the previous week, upcoming matches, injury and transaction updates, standings, weekly award winners, and league leaders rather than just regurgitate the fake Tweets on a loop.
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions