View Single Post
Old 08-19-2020, 02:08 PM   #21
Fidel1978
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New Classic Teams in NBA 2K21?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
As an aside, speaking of your Suns comment, I kind of feel like 2K may have missed an opportunity with their inclusion of the 2003 Suns. I'm guessing their motivation was finding a team for Stephon Marbury that didn't require additional resources but had they just gone back a few more years, to 2000, they would have had a Suns team that:

1. Took out the defending champions in the playoffs (Tim Duncan was injured, but still...)

2. Had at least 10 players already included in 2K (Kidd, Penny, Googs, Marion, Longley, Cliff Robinson, KJ, Chapman, Rogers, Blount).

3. Used the same jersey design and court art as the 1993 Suns, which would have opened up the option for folks to create their own Barkley-era Suns in a more realistic fashion.

Again, probably easier to just copy the court art they already had (2005 Suns copied over to 2003) but just thought it would have been cool.
I did this Suns team in 60 NEW HISTORIC TEAMS VOL.2

SUNS 1997-1998 (all time teams)
Jason Kidd, Stve Nash, Kevin Johnson, Antonio McDyess, Danny Manning, Dennis Scott, Rex Chapman, Cliff Robinson, Cedric Ceballos, John Williams, Mark Bryant – George McCloud (1 new player)

https://www.2krosters.com/2019/10/19...ric-teams-ps4/
Advertisements - Register to remove