View Single Post
Old 08-23-2020, 11:02 PM   #8
JayhawkerStL
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: The Yard is pretty slick, but there is a lot to learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
I've found that you can create run plays throwing to a WR that runs behind LOS when they are by the QB. It turns into a handoff when they are close.

I haven't tried other methods though

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
And you can chain that run, by by then having the WR hit another receiver before crossing the line of scrimmage, so it becomes a sort of RPO. Have lane, keep it, LB closing in, hit the slot guy on a slant, or maybe pitch it to the QB and let him throw.

Right now, I've kind of just trying stuff. It was just a moment where some of the game began to click for me that made me understand the routes and their intent.

I think playing this with humans will be just fantastic, though. The trick is how hard it will be to get X number of players up to speed. It only works if enough players are interested. Basketball and hockey are still an easier sell than 6v6 football with double passes on a 60 yard field.

I screwed up in a game earlier when on first down, I got close to a first down, and was able to fight for it, leaving me a 1st and goal from the 20. Had I gone down a yard earlier, it would have been 2nd and 1 from the 21, making it much easier to start with much better field position after picking up a first down.