View Single Post
Old 08-25-2020, 08:54 AM   #6
kennylc321
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: A Professional Programmer and Casual NFL Fan's Take on the Decline of EA and Madd

First. You're right. We cannot blame the individual developers as much as you blame the company. I am sure that the head honchos at Subway want customers to have a good dining experience, but that does not translate to the low-skilled workers that you hire.

But with that said, I never bought the whole "the NFL won't allow it" excuse. I think the relocation is a perfect example of that. I just having an extremely difficult time believing that 8 years ago, someone from the NFL sat down and said yes and no to the various uniform options of the fictional London team and said yes to the Knights and Monarchs not no to the London Tigers or whatever.

But this has also been my argument: if the NFL really has such a tight reign over what can or cannot go in the game, then I put even more blame on 2k... this is a tremendous opportunity they are missing out on. They could be making a generic sim football game with a franchise mode that does not have to conform to the nfl.