View Single Post
Old 08-26-2020, 03:29 PM   #8
schnaidt1
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Schnnaidt1's Madden 21 Sliders

Thank you for trying these out... I'm currently working on making the cpu more lethal on offense haha...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
I was super skeptical of these when I read the changes and setting the CFM to Pro, but a little about me...sorry about the (likely) length of this.

I already played a full season + so far with the Raiders. I played every down in every preseason, regular season, and playoff game. I hardly ever hot route, don't call "money" plays, and I just look for competitive games with the CPU. I don't switch-and-catch on either offense or defense--but I do user-lurk as a LB or DB to force turnovers. Even after the CPU catches the ball, I don't switch--I have to take the angle or chase the play down myself (my own house rules).

I found with the new weapon Ruggs and his 98 spd, the Raiders were almost unstoppable on offense if I called my own plays. Didn't matter what I called--if Ruggs was on a simple slant/drag, he'd outrun everybody for 20 to 30 yards per snap. I would go stretches of games averaging 11+ yards per play, but I wanted to finish the season out before messing with anything. I finished the first season breaking the TD passes record (by 1), the Rushing yardage record (by 500 yards), 2 scores off the rushing TD record, and Ruggs broke every receiving record (catches, yards, TDs) by a mile.

To make it sillier, Maxx Crosby broke the single season sack record by 7 (29), and the season was a cakewalk at 19-0 (after going 2-2 in preseason, oddly). I REALLY like the new rush mechanics, but once you get on a roll...it's very tough to stop it. You can just set up offensive linemen like puppets--forcing them one way, spinning outside. It was very cool, and the most fun I've had rushing the passer ever--and I've been playing Madden since the original release on PC.

Anyway...I am a lifelong Raiders fan who is transplanted in Houston, so the Texans are my "second" team. So I was hunting around for sliders this morning to see what guys were doing, and stumbled across these. I decided to start a Texans franchise, sim the preseason, and just dive in to the regular season using the "Pro" version. Which, again, I was very skeptical of.

I'm not anymore. I went with 100% "recommended" plays (with the occasional need to go to a dive or something better for a 3rd and 1 when they're recommending 5 wide streaks lol), and the first 2 regular season games have been stellar.

Against the Chiefs, I think I had a total of 112 offensive snaps, but the game was very believable as it played out.

Mahomes: 23 of 32, 266 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT
Watson: 22 of 30, 230 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT

D. Williams: 13 carries, 55 yards (4.2 avg)

I over-used Duke Johnson (25 carries, 122 yards, 4.9 avg), and had some runs with Watson (6 for 34 and 2 TDs) that helped turn a 10-3 deficit into a 31-10 win. Ball control, pounded the rock, and just didn't give the ball back to KC to put it away.

But against the Ravens, I split carries almost evenly between HB1 and HB2 (I put HB2 as both 3rd down and power HB depth chart sub). Duke had 16 for 84 and a TD, while David Johnson had 15 for 61 and 1 TD. I spread the ball around (6 catches for Fells, 8 for cooks, 5 for Stills, 5 for Fuller, 4 for David Johnson, etc.)

What I'm finding AWESOME about these is how much better defense feels. Against the Ravens, I was QB-contain-and-option-cover-QB every snap, which limited Lamar's effectiveness. They still ran the ball, but as long as I didn't let Lamar get the edge, the game always felt "in control". Playing from that zoom camera was cool, too. I don't normally play that way, but especially since I'm playing on CPU in triple screens--it's a "you are there" feeling.

In short...these things gave me great stat distribution, tougher games, and the smaller stuff (like forcing myself to play from zoom) actually made me more efficient in reading safeties and coverage downfield.

I was thinking of trying the beta, but the first version has been so enjoyable, I'm hesitant to change anything
https://www.youtube.com/user/schnaidt1

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w

Last edited by schnaidt1; 08-26-2020 at 07:01 PM.