View Single Post
Old 08-29-2020, 11:50 PM   #10
speedkills
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: How's Your Franchise Going: Madden 21 Edition

Started my franchise with the ATL Falcons. Owner Arthur Blank wanted to go in a different direction and let go head coach Dan Quinn and his entire staff right before preseason and hired Washington State head coach Nick Rolovich to helm the team. Being that the 2020 Pac 12 football season has been cancelled Rolovich upon signing his deal was quoted as saying "whatever, I just wanna coach football this year." Rolovich will be installing the Run and Shoot offense he's known for at Hawaii and going with a 3-4 under scheme on defense.

Rolovich looking sharp on the sidelines

In the preseason I signed receivers Josh Gordon and Taylor Gabriel to round out my Wide receiver corps as we'll be going 4 wide pretty much on every down.

Regular season week 1 against the visiting Seahawks, we got out to a 21-3 first half lead with Matt Ryan running the offense like a precision machine. Unfortunately, in the 2nd half the wheels fell off of that machine and we only managed 6 points while Seattle stormed back with some huge plays by Russell Wilson and Chris Carson on the ground. We only turned the ball over once but Seattle's hard-hitting secondary jarred the ball loose on several critical 3rd down passing plays. We ended up losing 42-27. Though it was a punch in the gut, we'll learn from it and strive to improve.

And yay, football is back.

Last edited by speedkills; 08-29-2020 at 11:52 PM.